June - July is the time of year that you need to start thinking about your Christmas release. Why so soon?...Well if you haven't even written your Christmas song yet, you definitely need to start getting into the Christmas spirit. Let's plan this out...
- June-July - Write and rehearse your Christmas song.
- August - Start thinking about the arrangement and any extra musicians you might need in order to get the kind of performance you want for your song.
- August-September - Get a studio booked and get the tracks down and mixed and mastered.
- September-October - Get all the data uploaded for your December release date. This should ideally be around the second week in December.
- By the second week in December, your record will be available in all the major download stores and your fans will have something to put in their Christmas stockings!